A view of Weston School__1805
The impressive building at the Quaker school was widely copied in both embroidery and paint. The school opened
in 1799 and the large structure measured 110 feet long and 60 feet deep.
Dorcas Haight, identified in an old label on the back and descended in the family, stitched one of the earliest
known examples with great accuracy including the fanlight in the pediment, and the side steps.
Silk on linen gauze; 11 ½" x 13".
STEPHEN & CAROL HUBER
View Other Samplers